Treating migraines and cluster headaches
What is Cluster headache?
Cluster headache is a special type of headache in which there is pain behind the patient’s eye in one side of the head. Moreover, cluster headaches usually come over with increased eye tears and nasal congestion. It comes as episodes that comes and goes, the pain is really excruciating and could stop the patient form doing his/her activities.
How the Cluster headache radiofrequency is performed?
radiofrequency of the sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) to treat cluster headache is a minimally invasive procedure which is done inside the operation room under mild sleep medication with the guidance of x-ray. Once the pain physician puts the needle in the sphenopalatine ganglion in the base of the skull, the radiofrequency starts. The whole procedure usually takes around 20 minutes inside the operation room.
The advantages of cluster headache radiofrequency?
- Minimally invasive procedure with short time inside the operation room
- Day-case procedure; after which the patient gets back home on the same day
- no or little pain after the procedure.
- No general anesthesia
Success rates of the Cluster headache radiofrequency?
- Most people are pain free after the procedure and forget what it’s like to have a cluster headache, and success rates are over 80%. Which means if there is 100 patients complain of cluster headache, 80 of them will be pain free after the radiofrequency.
What is the close follow up system we have in our center?
- Each patient would be followed up closely by a pain specialist physician for at least one month to see the pain relief progression and to answer all the questions the patients have. Also, to provide them with all the information they need to be aware of anything that could exacerbate the patient’s condition.
Because in the ORA premuim center we always take care of the patient's time and health, and our affirmation is that home is a key inside the center. As for the limited interventions, to treat the spine and the spine and roughness, we always provide the latest techniques and non-surgical techniques under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Mohamed Kora. (Doctors' staff). We wish you a better life with ORA Clinics.