Cartilage treatment without surgery | Cartilage aspiration
When do we resort to cartilage liposuction?
- Treatment of cartilage without surgery through cartilage aspiration is a stage to remove the herniated disc that occurs with several factors that we go through daily, but in some circumstances and often with a recurrence of the cause, an expansion of the outer layer of cartilage occurs and the cartilage nucleus slips with it to put pressure on the nerve, which is what It causes pain in the leg and also inflammatory substances are secreted from the cartilage causing swelling and inflammation of the nerve.
Do we resort to lumbar cartilage surgery? Or cartilage suction?
Before the emergence of modern and sophisticated methods of treating a herniated disc by means of interventional radiology or the idea of cartilage suction, the patient had only two options, which are completely contradictory: -
1- Either medical treatment and physical therapy (it is not a cure for slippiness, but rather a temporary analgesia most of the time)
2- Or the surgical removal of the slipped cartilage, including the patients' fears of the damages of surgery on the body
Here, the suction site is: for the patient who did not improve with medication at the same time and did not reach the stage of surgery. Vacuum intervention is the best method for several reasons:
It helps the patient get rid of his pain quickly and without waiting.
It exempts him from entering the advanced stages.
It keeps the nerve from being pressed for longer periods and thus further loss of nerve ability.
What are the symptoms of the herniated disc that need cartilage aspiration?
- The cartilage patient (in the first and second stage of a herniated disc) is the most suitable patient for cartilage aspiration, as emptying the cartilage nucleus will reduce the pressure inside it and thus reduce the pressure on the nerve plexus and on the fibrous wall, which leads to a significant improvement in the pain in the back of the leg
As for the patient (the third and fourth stages), which are the stages that occur after the rupture of the entire fibrous wall, the suction will not lead to the recovery of the parts of the nucleus that have been liberated and moved inside the neural tube or that have migrated away. Such a part that has migrated away needs to be extracted surgically or recently by means of an optical endoscope
- This is the stage in which the patient seeks medical advice at the onset of the pain.
Many patients simply do not accept the idea of open surgery. As long as there is hope, even slight, in medical or natural treatment. Unfortunately, the patient does not know that this type of treatment is only a postponement of the operation, as the cartilage is sooner or later. It will evolve to enter the third or fourth stage, where there is no way but surgery !!
- Therefore, we resort to diagnosing the condition before using the cartilage aspiration technique, after confirming with magnetic resonance imaging and examining the patient, and we make a decision for an interventional cartilage aspiration.
How is a lumbar or cervical cartilage suction performed?
It is performed under the influence of local anesthesia and interventional rays, and this is certainly in the operating room and with complete sterilization, and also one of the advantages of cartilage aspiration is that the device used is for one use only with one patient, and the device is disposed of in a safe manner.
Cartilage fragmentation and suction
- The cartilage suction process is done through small needles for local anesthesia, and the device enters from a very small diameter needle under the guidance of radiation to the inside of the sliding part only, and it breaks up this part of the sliding cartilage and exits to a warehouse inside the device as shown in the videos of the cartilage suction process. And cartilage aspiration without surgery takes 20 minutes. And it is completely safe without any side effects and has a very high success rate.
And often we do a treatment for inflamed nerve roots as well by injecting nerve roots and treating them with thermal frequency, so we have treated the cause and the pain.
Then the patient returns to his home after an hour at most and returns to work after a few days with full activity
Cartilage suction damage?
There are no damages to cartilage suction, so success rates depend on the good diagnosis and proper treatment, and the most important advantages of cartilage suction at the Pain Treatment Center are complete safety and quick return to work, and there is no wound or cut in the skin or muscles that patients suffer after surgeries and Not using general anesthesia
Advantages of cartilage resection without surgery
It is performed using local anesthesia.
- Through a minute orifice, leave no trace.
Not to remove any part of the spine.
The absence of any laceration of the back muscles.
Maintains the dynamic stability of the spine.
It does not require stitches.
It takes place outside the neural tube.
No fibrils or adhesions occur to the neural tube.
It takes about 20 minutes.
The patient's return to work within a week. Reverse surgery that requires complete anesthesia with the removal of parts of the spine and the possibility of damage to the nerve canal after the operation, which may cause pressure on nerve roots that are difficult to treat and may affect the patient’s activity and practice of his work and life activities.